Thursday, December 13, 2007

Week 4 - Technorati

I found Technorati really interesting. It keeps track of what is being blogged about in real time. Three times an hour, it checks current news stories and blog responses to those new stories. It gives a rating to how much blog attention is being given to a news story. The site seems very complex to me and I had to do a bit of clicking, looking and thinking to see when I was getting the actual news story and when I was getting the reaction to it. I ended up reading some blogs (about current entertainment) that were crude and rude and just short of profane.
I started thinking this was a real waste of my time. Then I followed the story about the mammoth tusks that had been pelleted by meteorite fragments (either 13000 or 40+000 years ago) and one of the commenting bloggers had a blog listed in his blogroll that I liked so much that I added it to my bloglines. Cocktail Party Physics.

No comments: